Make sure your Square account is set up and you have your Totilpay compatible Square hardware before activating your square device with TotilPay.
- Login to TotilPay Go and tap “More” on the lower right-hand corner. The Settings menu will appear.
- Tap “Transaction.” The Transaction menu will appear.
- Tap on Square Activation. An alert asking you to log in will appear. Tap "Proceed."
- A square activation prompt screen will appear. Tap “Login to Square.”
- Enter your Square login info. If you do not have an account, click “Sign up.”
- After a successful login, select your location. These locations are previously set up on your square account and will associate the device to the chosen location.
- A prompt will notify you that activation was successful. When asked if you would like to connect a Square reader now. Tap “Sure.”
- Tap “Connect a Reader"
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Press and hold the button on your Square reader until the lights flash orange. Then release the button and place the reader next to the device to pair. (Make sure that your square reader is charged.)
- When Prompted “Bluetooth Pairing Request. Square Reader would like to pair with your device.” Tap “Pair.”
- The Square reader will begin to connect to the phone. Allow a few minutes for this process as the reader may need to update.
- When your card reader is connected you will see “Status Ready listed.” Tap on the “back” arrow on the upper left-hand corner
- You will see a list of connected Card Readers. Your device will be listed with the status as “ready.” You can now tap the “X” on the upper left-hand corner to return to the menu.
- You are ready to process Credit Card with your square reader!
- Press the button on Square Reader to Connect. Your reader falls asleep automatically after two hours without use to save battery. Wake up your reader by tapping the button on the side of the reader to connect to Square.
- When selecting credit as payment you will be able to will see whether your Square card reader is connected.