If your device isn't working you can still accept SNAP/EBT using offline vouchers.
- You must call the manual authorization phone number for each voucher to verify the cardholder has the funds available on their card.
- The customer MUST be present for this authorization.
- Always use the authorization number for the state that the customer's card is from; if a customer is from another state, you will need to authorize the sale with that particular state.
- You will not get paid for these transactions until you redeem your vouchers in the TotilPay app using the SNAP Voucher Clear transaction type.
- You have 10 days to redeem your voucher.
How to process an offline voucher:
- Call the Manual Authorization number on the back of your customer's SNAP/EBT card.
- Provide the requested information and fill out both halves of the voucher.
- If the transaction is approved, you will get an approval/authorization number. Write this number on the voucher in the section provided.
- Give your customer the bottom half of the voucher and save the top half for redemption.
- Redeem your voucher in a TotilPay app.
How to find the manual authorization number:
In most states, the manual authorization phone number is printed on the back of SNAP/EBT cards.
If this is not true for your state, you will need to have this authorization number on hand before you can process paper vouchers. You can find this number by contacting your USDA representative.
What you need when you call for authorization:
- Your FNS number
- Your customer's card number
- The voucher number (a 7-digit value, unique to your business or organization)
- Sale amount
How to redeem offline vouchers:
- Login to TotilPay Go
- Tap Transactions
- Tap Sale
- Tap SNAP Voucher Clear
- Enter the required voucher information:
- Card #
- Voucher #
- Authorization #
- Voucher Type
- Voucher Amount
- Tap Submit
- Confirm your voucher is Approved